Monday, January 7, 2008

Lonestar

I found a lost star today,
with bruised spirits and a broken heart.
It limped its way to a dark alley
sobbing softly, it sighed heavily.

Kneeling down it cried:
I use to twinkle up in the blue skies,
I lit the caravens' way,
lent food for thought to the Great,
and showed way to the lost.

I shined on as You made way.
I surrendered to Your will
and was a happy guide.

Now I look back and see
all that I gave to the noblest and wise
were pieces of me.

I crashed on to Earth one day,
when a broken heart needed mending.
What did I know that
this would be my good fate's ending.

End my agony, Dear Lord!
take away what is left of me.
I do not deserve a life of dismay,
when all I did was light everyone's way.
The sad star sat there for a while;
recalling all the good times.

Wisemen say time does not befriend anyone,
be it rich, poor, noble or evil.
A bruised spirit and a broken heart,
lead pure souls to a lonely path.

Hearing the lonely star pray
I walked up to it and tried to smile its worry away.
It smiled back at me momentarily.
I am just a victim of fate and belief
perhaps some stories are best meloncholoy.

I lifted the lonely voyager,
embraced it gently.
It did not resist
but mumbled feeling empty.

Look at the number of lives you touched, I said,
all the folks who reached home
because you said they must.
The star crossed Voyagers in a stormy night,
the Lovers' moment of truth,
a sight for sore eyes.

Do not let the dark clouds of despair
steal your gleam.
What would be the dark sky
without the starry night?

You are a star, born to shine.
For a broken heart can be mended,
a bruised spirit can be healed,
but a dead faith seldom ignited.
You have faith, dear star;
let it re-ignite your light.

To serve His people
is to serve the Divine.
Life's real battles are not with others
but with troubled times.
Forgive yourself.
You belong with the high,
a dark alley is no place for a shiny guide.

The skies look for you, my little friend.
They are empty without thy light.
Let the sky embrace you,
hold you, cherish you.

For when you die, hope dies with you.
Don't hurt your Skies
for the few that hurt you.

The star lit up on hearing of the sky.
The sky, the sky, it cried.
My home is the sky,
my playground, wishing well and my drive is the sky.
What would it be without me?
Perhaps as gray and sullen as me.

I will drown in its depth
I will seek comfort in its blue gaze.
How could I not see my silent ally?
It leapt towards the sky that instant
and got lost in the big blue magnitude.

Now, everynight I pray to see
my littke star shine on me.
I have my doubts on the fairest of friends,
acquaintences I have made,
reckless hearts that may led me astray.

Make way for the lonestar,
My gentle star is here to stay.
It will guide itself to new horizons,
and will shine the world's way.

(For Marshal: Jan 6, 2007)

No comments: